38 Special Ammo For Sale
Latest pricing on 38 special ammo, that is in stock and ready to ship. Deals From Industry Experts. Top branded .38 special ammo available.
Finding 38 special ammo is time-consuming when you spend more time scrolling on google. There are a lot of websites, and checking every website and trying to get the best deals is really time-consuming. It's good to find and see all .38 special ammo deals on one page from top sellers. Online ammo directories can help you to find all in-stock deals in one place.
Here at Bulk Cheap Ammo, we have the latest price and live stock status on 38 special ammo for sale from industry experts. Browse In-Stock 38 special ammo Deals.
Let’s jump into a bit more detail on 38 special ammo.
About & History of 38 Special Ammo
38 Special ammo is a classic American cartridge used for over 100 years for defense, target shooting, and hunting. The 38 Special cartridges were first introduced in the late 19th century by Smith & Wesson and were based on the earlier .38 Long Colt cartridge.
The .38 Special ammo was designed to be a more powerful round than the .38 Long Colt, and it quickly became famous for use in police and military firearms.
Quick Facts of 38 special Ammo
- The .38 Special was initially loaded with black powder but eventually improved to smokeless powder.
- This new smokeless powder allowed the .38 Special to become the most popular police cartridge of the 20th century.
- Some military forces also used the 38 Special during World War II, and the U.S. Air Force and Navy adopted it in the 1950s.
- Today, the .38 Special is still famous for defense and target shooting. It is a relatively affordable round and is often used in small, concealable handguns.
- The .38 Special is still used by many police departments and is commonly used in revolvers.
- The .38 Special is often used for small game hunting and plinking. It is also famous for silhouette shooting.
- The .38 Special has a long and storied history in the United States and remains a popular choice for shooters today.
- While it is not as powerful as some other cartridges, the .38 Special is still a reliable and accurate round that is perfect for many shooting applications.
Types of 38 special Ammo
These are just some of the many types of .38 Special ammo available. It is essential to choose the right kind of ammo for the job and understand the differences between them. Be sure to consult a professional before making any purchase.
Full Metal Jacket: Full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo is designed to penetrate a target and cause maximum damage. It is the most accurate type of ammo and is typically used in target shooting.
Hollow Point: Hollow point ammo is designed to expand upon impact, causing maximum damage to the target. It is typically used for self-defense, as it is more effective at stopping an attacker than FMJ ammo.
Lead Round Nose: Lead round nose ammo is designed to penetrate a target with minimal damage. It is typically used for target shooting and is not recommended for self-defense.
Semi-Wadcutter: Semi-wadcutter ammo is designed to cut a clean hole in a target. It is typically used for target shooting and is not recommended for self-defense.
Most Popular 38 Special Ammo Brands And Manufacturer.
There are many brands and manufacturers of .38 Special ammo, all of them offer different features and benefits.
Popular brands of .38 Special ammo include Winchester, Remington, Federal, Hornady, and Magtech. These brands have unique features and specifications, making them suitable for different applications and uses.
- Winchester produces a wide variety of .38 Special ammo, including their traditional lead round nose, jacketed hollow point, and +P rounds. Their reliable and accurate ammunition makes them ideal for personal defense and target shooting.
- Remington has been producing ammunition since 1872 and is well-known in the shooting community. They offer .38 Special ammo in the lead round nose, jacketed hollow point, and +P versions. Remington’s ammo is known for its quality and performance.
- Federal produces a wide selection of .38 Special ammo, including their popular Hydra-Shok and American Eagle lines. Their ammo is reliable, accurate, and consistent, making it an ideal choice for personal defense and target shooting.
- Hornady produces .38 Special ammo in both lead round nose and jacketed hollow point versions. Their ammo is reliable, accurate, and consistent, making it an ideal choice for personal defense and target shooting.
- Magtech produces .38 Special ammo in the lead round nose, jacketed hollow point, and +P versions. Their ammo is reliable, accurate, and consistent, making it an ideal choice for personal defense and target shooting.
Common Firearms That Fires 38 Special Ammo.
The .38 Special is one of the most popular and widely used rounds of ammunition in the United States. It is popular for self-defense, target shooting, and hunting small game. As a result, there are a number of firearms that are designed to fire .38 Special rounds.
Popular choices include the:
- Taurus Model 85
- Ruger SP101
- Colt Cobra
- Smith & Wesson Model 10
- Smith & Wesson Model 442
- Smith & Wesson 686
- Charter Arms
Use Types of 38 Special Ammo.
38 Special ammunition is one of the most popular rounds in the world today. It is used for various purposes Like:
- Target Shooting.
- Home Defense.
- Law Enforcement.
Bullet Type and Availability & What is Better 38 Special Ammo.
When it comes to .38 Special bullets, there are a variety of types and weights available.
The most common are jacketed hollow point (JHP), full metal jacket (FMJ), and lead round nose (LRN). Each type has different characteristics that make it suitable for other purposes.
- Semi-Wadcutter: (SWC) These weigh in at the heaviest end of modern production .38 Special bullets, typically at 158gr.
- Full Metal Jacket & Metal Case: .38 Special comes in a wide variety of bullet types from (FMJ) full metal jacket to (SWC) semi-wadcutter. These generally come in either 130gr or 158gr with around 800 fps, 185 ft/lbs energy, and 750 fps, 200 ft/lbs, respectively.
- Jacketed Hollow Point: JHPs represent the most diverse range of weights and performance in the .38 Special. The most common bullet weights are 110gr, 125gr, 129gr, and 158gr.
Specifications 38 Special Ammo.
The 38 Special has a muzzle velocity of around 850 to 1,000 feet per second (fps), depending on the particular load. The round is suitable for various handguns, including revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.
38 Special Ammo Specifications*
- Straight-Walled Case Diameter: 0.379 inches
- Loaded With: 0.357 inch
- Weight: 110 to 158 grains
- Common Bullet Weight: 158 grains
- Maximum Average Pressure (MAP) 17,000 psi
Pros of 38 Special Ammo
The 38 Special has a long history of reliable performance and is an excellent choice for self-defense, target shooting, and hunting. The pros of 38 Special ammo are numerous.
- There are two distinct classes of .38 Special loads.
- It is offered in a simple-to-use platform with controllable recoil.
- The advantages of using 38 Special ammo include its affordability, versatility, and availability.
- Ideal for people on a budget who still want quality ammunition.
- Its versatility makes it ideal for many different shooters and different situations.
- 38 Special ammo is widely available.
- A perfect type of ammo for any situation.
FAQ’s 38 Special Ammo
Q. What is 38 Special ammo?
Ans: 38 Special ammo is a type of pistol ammunition used in revolvers. It is typically used for target shooting, hunting, and self-defense. The round is composed of a lead bullet that is housed inside a brass casing.
Q. What are the benefits of using 38 Special ammo?
Ans: The 38 Special cartridge offers several advantages over other types of ammunition. It is a relatively low-recoil round, which makes it ideal for shooters who are new to firearms.
Q. What are the differences between 38 Special and other types of ammo?
Ans: The main difference between 38 Special and other types of ammo is the size of the bullet. 38 Special ammo has a diameter of 0.357 inches, slightly larger than other ammo, such as 9mm. As a result, 38 Special ammo offers more stopping power than other rounds.
Q. Is 38 Special ammo safe to use?
Ans: 38 Special ammo is perfectly safe to use as long as it is used in the correct firearm and is maintained in good condition. The round is designed for revolvers and should not be used in semi-automatic pistols. Additionally, any damaged or corroded ammo should not be used as it could result in misfires or other malfunctions.
Q. Where can I find 38 Special ammo?
Ans: 38 Special ammo is readily available at most gun shops and shooting ranges. Additionally, it can also be found online from a variety of retailers.
Other popular searches for 38 Special Ammo
- 38 Special Ammo Remington
- 38 Special ammo wiki
- 38 Special ammo shortage
- Taurus 38 Special ammo
- 38 Special ammo vs 9mm
- 38 special ammo for sale
- .38 special ammo for sale
We also have a wide listing of ammo deals from various retailers on popular calibers like 5.56 ammo, 22lr ammo, 223 ammo, 10mm ammo, 300 blackout ammo, 6.5 Creedmoor ammo and many more.
Latest products for 38 Special Ammo
- 2A Warehouse Capital Cartridge 38 Special - 158GR Flat Point - Reman Brass - 50rds for $19.99
- Republic Ammunition 38 Special 125 Grain JSP NEW Starline Brass - 500 for $200.00
- Botach Aguila .38 Special 130gr FMJ Ammunition 50-Rounds for $19.98
- Bereli Magtech 38 Special 158 Grain Full Metal Case Flat - 38P - 1000 Rounds - Free Shipping! for $415.00
- Foundry Outdoors Pmc Ammo .38 Special 132gr. FMJ-RN50-Pack for $21.45
- Lowest Ammo PMC 38 Special Bronze Ammunition PMC38G 132 Grain Full Metal Jacket 50 Rounds for $21.49
- Ammo Fast CCI Blazer 38 Special +P 158 Gr Full Metal Jacket (50) for $21.28
- Powder Valley CCI Blazer 38 Special +P 158 Gr Full Metal Jacket (50) for $21.28
- Outdoor Limited PMC 38 Special Bronze Ammunition PMC38G 132 Grain Full Metal Jacket 50 rounds for $21.99
- Outdoor Limited Sperry Ballistics 38 Special Ammunition SPY38SPLFMJ 158 Grain Full Metal Jacket 50 Rounds for $21.99