FIND .303 BRITISH AMMO AT BEST PRICE
Latest products for .303 british
- Natchez Shooters Supplies Barnes TSX Bullets 303765mm 311 150 gr FB 50ct for $37.99
- Sportsman's Guide PPU 303 British Extended Blank Ammo 15 Rounds for $9.99
- Cabelas Official Remington Core-Lokt Rifle Ammo - 303 Brit. - Soft Point - 180 Grain for $34.99
.303 British Ammo For Sale - Top Ammo Retailers Available
The .303 British or 7.7×56mmR, is a .303-inch caliber rimmed rifle cartridge first developed in Britain as a black-powder round put into service in December 1888 for the Lee-Metford rifle. In 1891 the cartridge was adapted to use smokeless powder.
In 1891 the cartridge was adapted to use smokeless powder. It was the standard British and Commonwealth military cartridge from 1889 until the 1950s when the 7.62×51mm NATO replaced it. Canadian Ellwood Epps, the founder of Epps Sporting Goods, created an improved version of the .303 British. It has better ballistic performance than the standard .303 British cartridge.
The original .303 British service cartridge employed black powder as a propellant and was adopted for the Lee-Metford rifle, which had rifling designed to lessen fouling from this propellant. The Lee-Metford was used as a trial platform by the British Committee on Explosives to experiment with many different smokeless powders then coming to market, including Ballistite, Cordite, and Rifleite.
About: .303 British
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: United Kingdom
- In-service: 1889–present
- Used by: United Kingdom and many other countries
- Produced: 1889–present
- Case type: Rimmed, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: 7.92 mm (0.312 in)
- Neck diameter: 8.64 mm (0.340 in)
- Shoulder diameter: 10.19 mm (0.401 in)
- Base diameter: 11.68 mm (0.460 in)
- Rim diameter: 13.72 mm (0.540 in)
- Rim thickness: 1.63 mm (0.064 in)
- Case length: 56.44 mm (2.222 in)
- Overall length: 78.11 mm (3.075 in)
- Case capacity: 3.64 cm3 (56.2 gr H2O)
- Rifling twist: 254 mm (1-10 in)
- Primer type: Large rifle
- Maximum pressure (C.I.P.): 365.00 MPa (52,939 psi)
- Maximum pressure (SAAMI): 337.84 MPa (49,000 psi)
- Maximum CUP: 45,000 CUP
|150 gr (10 g) SP||844 m/s (2,770 ft/s)||3,463 J (2,554 ft⋅lbf)|
|174 gr (11 g) HPBT||761 m/s (2,500 ft/s)||3,265 J (2,408 ft⋅lbf)|
|180 gr (12 g) SP||783 m/s (2,570 ft/s)||3,574 J (2,636 ft⋅lbf)|
.303 British Ammo for sale from top vendors at Bulk Cheap Ammo. Your one-stop ammo shop for all ammo needs. Visit now to place your order!
Bulk Cheap Ammo offers you the best collection of .303 BRITISH Ammo from well-respected ammo vendors. We are a leading online ammo directory to cover all ammo needs.
Here at Bulk Cheap Ammo, we show the latest competitive prices from top ammo retailers registered with us. Now you can save your time by quickly find the best ammo deals you are looking for. Get all ammunition comparison in one click from different retailers. Compare the price & choose that suit your needs.
Our website gets updated every 2 minutes. With natural & advance search navigation, find the ammunition in one click by UPC, by Brands, Calibers, Grains, Number of Rounds, and more.
Whether you need .303 BRITISH ammo in bulk and box quantity, we have it all listed. Choose your retailer and shop product you are looking for.