8mm Mauser Ammo For Sale
Latest pricing on 8mm Mauser Ammo, that is in stock and ready to ship. Deals From Industry Experts. Top branded 8mm Mauser available.
Buying 8mm Mauser Ammo is time-consuming when you spend more time searching on google. You need to visit many websites to find a perfect deal, that takes a lot of your time.
Here at Bulk Cheap Ammo, we have the latest price and live stock status on 8mm Mauser For Sale from industry experts.
When buying 8mm Mauser Ammo, it's essential to consider factors such as the intended use, quality, type of projectile, price, availability, and storage.
8mm Mauser ammo can range from relatively affordable to expensive, depending on the brand and type, so it's essential to set a budget and compare different options.
Let’s jump into a bit more detail on 8mm Mauser.
About & History of 8mm Mauser Ammo.
The 8mm Mauser ammunition is a type of ammunition that is used in firearms with a bore diameter of 8mm.
This type of ammunition has a long and rich history, dating back to the late 19th century when it was first developed for rifles and machine guns.
One of the most famous uses of 8mm Mauser ammunition was during World War I when it was used in German Mauser rifles and machine guns.
After World War I, the 8mm Mauser cartridge remained popular and was widely used in many countries, including Spain, Turkey, and China.
Quick Facts of 8mm Mauser Ammo.
8mm Mauser remains a popular choice among shooters, hunters, and collectors and is known for its versatility and effectiveness at medium to long ranges.
8mm Mauser Ammo is used in many countries worldwide, especially in hunting and shooting sports.
Despite its age, the 8mm Mauser cartridge remains relevant and valuable for many applications.
Facts of 8mm Mauser Ammo
- The 8mm Mauser cartridge was first developed in Germany in 1888. It is also known as the 7.92x57mm.
- It was later used in many other weapons, including the Karabiner 98k, the standard German infantry rifle in World War II.
- The 8mm Mauser has a reputation for reliability and stopping power, and it was widely used by both Axis and Allied forces during the war.
- The 8mm Mauser has been used in hunting, target shooting, and military applications, and it continues to be a popular cartridge for these purposes.
- The cartridge is known for its accuracy and versatility and is well-suited for use at medium to long ranges.
- The 8mm Mauser cartridge has a reputation for producing relatively low recoil, making it a good choice for inexperienced or recoil-sensitive shooters.
8mm Mauser Ammo Types.
Many types of 8mm Mauser ammunition are available, including a full metal jacket, soft points, and hollow points, each with unique characteristics and applications.
There are several types of 8mm Mauser ammunition, including:
FMJ: 8mm Mauser is used for various purposes, including target shooting and hunting.
It's a popular cartridge for collectors and enthusiasts of military firearms and those who appreciate its accuracy and versatility. 8mm Mauser FMJ ammunition specifications.
- Bullet weight: approximately 140-180 grains
- Muzzle velocity: 2,400-2,700 feet per second
- Muzzle energy: 2,800-3,500 foot-pounds
- Bullet style: full metal jacket (FMJ)
Soft-Point (SP): 8mm Mauser soft-point ammunition is designed for hunting and self-defense. It is widely available from many manufacturers and is a popular choice for hunters. 8mm Mauser soft-point ammunition specifications:
- Bullet weight: approximately 140-180 grains
- Muzzle velocity: 2,200-2,700 feet per second
- Muzzle energy: 2,800-3,500 foot-pounds
- Bullet style: soft-point (SP)
Hollow Point: 8mm Mauser ammunition is used for various purposes, including hunting and self-defense. In hunting, hollow point ammunition can take down large game animals, as the expanding bullets transfer more energy to the target and create a more effective wound channel. 8mm Mauser hollow point specifications:
- Bullet weight: typically around 150-180 grains
- Ballistic coefficient: varies based on design but is generally lower than full metal jacket (FMJ) rounds
- Muzzle velocity: typically around 2,500-2,800 feet per second (fps)
- Expansion diameter: varies based on design, but typically between .75-1.5 inches
Most Popular 8mm Mauser Ammo Brands & Manufacturer.
The 8mm Mauser cartridge is a widely used rifle cartridge, and as such, there are many brands and manufacturers of ammunition for it.
Some of the more popular brands of 8mm Mauser ammunition include:
- Prvi Partizan (Serbia)
- Sellier & Bellot (Czech Republic)
- Hornady (USA)
- Fiocchi (Italy)
- Norma (Sweden)
- Geco (Germany)
- Lapua (Finland)
Common Firearms That Fires 8mm Mauser Ammo.
The 8mm Mauser cartridge was widely used in various firearms throughout history, including bolt-action, semi-automatic, and machine guns.
Some of the most famous firearms that fired 8mm Mauser ammunition include:
- Mauser Gewehr 98
- Mauser Karabiner 98k
- Steyr-Mannlicher M95
- Turkish Mauser
- Yugo M48
Uses of 8mm Mauser Ammo.
The 8mm Mauser cartridge, also known as 7.92x57mm, was widely used for various purposes, including military and hunting applications.
Some of the most common uses of 8mm Mauser ammunition include:
- Sports Shooting
Specifications 8mm Mauser Ammo.
These specifications are approximate and may vary depending on the manufacturer, the intended use of the ammunition, and other factors.
It's always important to consult the manufacturer's specifications for the exact specifications of any particular 8mm Mauser cartridge.
8mm Mauser Ammo Specifications*
Case type: Rimless, bottleneck
Bullet diameter: 8.22 mm (0.324 in)
Land diameter: 7.89 mm (0.311 in)
Neck diameter: 9.08 mm (0.357 in)
Shoulder diameter: 10.95 mm (0.431 in)
Base diameter: 11.94 mm (0.470 in)
Rim diameter: 11.95 mm (0.470 in)
Rim thickness: 1.30 mm (0.051 in)
Case length: 57.00 mm (2.244 in)
Overall length: 82.00 mm (3.228 in)
Case capacity: 4.09 cm3 (63.1 gr H2O)
Rifling twist: 240 mm (1 in 9.45 in)
Primer-type: Large rifle
Maximum pressure: (C.I.P.)390.0 MPa (56,560 psi)
Maximum pressure: (SAAMI)241.3 MPa (35,000 psi)
Maximum: CUP 37,000 CUP
Pros of 8mm Mauser Ammo.
The 8mm Mauser cartridge, also known as 7.92x57mm, has several advantages, including:
Power: The 8mm Mauser cartridge is a powerful cartridge with a large bullet and high muzzle velocity. This makes it well-suited for hunting large game, as well as for military use.
Versatility: The 8mm Mauser cartridge is a versatile cartridge that can be used for various purposes, including hunting, sport shooting, and military applications.
Availability: The 8mm Mauser cartridge has been widely used for over a century, and as a result, it is still widely available in many parts of the world. This makes it easy to find and purchase for those who use firearms that fire the cartridge.
Compatibility: The 8mm Mauser cartridge is compatible with a wide range of firearms, including bolt-action rifles, semi-automatic rifles, and machine guns. This makes it easy to find firearms capable of firing the cartridge.
FAQ’s 8mm Mauser Ammo.
Q. What is 8mm Mauser ammo used for?
Ans: The 8mm Mauser cartridge is commonly used for hunting medium to large game animals and target shooting. It is known for its accuracy and versatility.
Q. What is the difference between 8mm Mauser and 8mm Kurz?
Ans: The 8mm Kurz is a shortened version of the 8mm Mauser and was used in the German StG44 assault rifle. The 8mm Mauser is a longer cartridge and is generally considered more potent than the 8mm Kurz.
Q. Can 8mm Mauser ammo be reloaded?
Ans: 8mm Mauser ammo can be reloaded with the proper equipment and knowledge. Reloading allows shooters to save money and customize their ammunition to their specific needs.
Q. What is the average cost of 8mm Mauser ammo?
Ans: The average price of 8mm Mauser ammo can vary depending on the brand, type of bullet, and availability. A box of 20 rounds can cost anywhere from $20 to $50.
Q. How much does 8mm Mauser ammo weigh?
Ans: The weight of 8mm Mauser ammo can vary depending on the type of bullet, but on average, a single round weighs around 196 grains.
Q. Is 8mm Mauser ammo legal to use in hunting?
Ans: The legality of using 8mm Mauser ammo for hunting depends on the laws and regulations in your area. It is always a good idea to consult with your local wildlife or hunting authorities before using any ammunition for hunting.
Find other popular ammo deals from various retailers on popular calibers like 5.56 ammo, 22lr ammo, 223 ammo, 9mm ammo, 10mm ammo, 300 blackout ammo, 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, and many more.
Latest products for 8mm Mauser Ammo
- Outdoor Limited Turkish Military Surplus 8mm Mauser Wooden Bullet BLANKS AM8015 20 Rounds for $4.99
- Ammo To Go 960rds – 8mm Mauser Greek Military Surplus 198gr. FMJ Ammo *Corrosive* for $469.95
- Palmetto State Armory Century 198 gr FMJBT 8mm Greek Surplus Corrosive Ammunition, 960 Round Case - AM8001 for $579.99
- Outdoor Limited Greek 1939 Surplus 8mm Mauser Ammunition AM8003 198 Grain Lead Core Full Metal Jacket 15 Rounds for $8.99
- Outdoor Limited Prvi PPU 8x57 IS Ammunition PPB79 Blanks 15 Rounds for $12.49
- Sportsman's Guide Sellier & Bellot, 8mm Mauser (8x57 JS), 196 Grain, SPCE, 20 Rounds for $27.99
- Firearms Depot Sellier & Bellot, Rifle, 8MM Mauser, 196 Grain, Soft Point Cut-Through Edge, 20 Round Box for $28.17
- Guns Com SELLIER & BELLOT RIFLE for $31.99
- Impact Guns Sellier & Bellot Rifle Training 8mm Mauser 196gr, Full Metal Jacket, 20rd Box, 20 Box/Case for $32.39
- Academy Sports Magtech Sellier & Bellot 8mm Mauser 196-Grain Full Metal Jacket Centerfire Rifle Ammunition for $36.99