.22 Short Ammo
In Stock .22 Short Ammo Sale From Various Ammo Retailers
.22 Short is a variety of .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. Developed in 1857 for the first Smith & Wesson revolver, the .22 rimfire was the first American metallic cartridge.
The .22 Short saw a great deal of use in shooting galleries, which were widespread from the late 19th century until the mid 20th century. With a very mild report, no recoil, and sufficient accuracy, the .22 Short had a reputation for being able to take small game and control pests.
.22 Short isn’t the best round for self-defense, it’s certainly better than nothing. You can kill someone with it, but the stopping power is a whole other matter.
About: .22 Short
- Type: Rimfire
- Place of origin: United States
- Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson
- Produced: 1857
- Bullet diameter: .222 in (5.6 mm)
- Neck diameter: .226 in (5.7 mm)
- Base diameter: .226 in (5.7 mm)
- Rim diameter : .278 in (7.1 mm)
- Rim thickness: .043 in (1.1 mm)
- Case length: .421 in (10.7 mm)
- Overall length: .695 in (17.7 mm)
- Rifling twist: 1-20" or 1-24"
- Primer type: Rimfire
|27gr.(1.8g)RN||1,164ft/s (355 m/s)||87ft⋅lbf(118J)|
|29gr.(1.9g)RN||830ft/s (250 m/s)||44ft⋅lbf (60 J)|
|29gr.(1.9g)RN||1,132 ft/s (345 m/s)||82ft⋅lbf (111J)|