.308 NORMA MAG AMMO
In Stock .308 NORMA MAG Ammo For Sale- Top Ammo Retailers Available
.308 Norma Magnum cartridge was created by Nils Kvale at Norma, Sweden. Like the more substantial .358 Norma Magnum, it is based on the .300 H&H Magnum.
The length of the case is the longest that would fit in a standard Mauser action. It was soon superseded in popularity by the .300 Winchester Magnum.
The first and one of the few manufacturers to offer rifles in .308 Norma Magnum was Schultz & Larsen of Denmark, and they still are.
Its short powder column gives it an edge in efficiency over most of the older.30 cal magnums, not including ultra magnums or WSM caliber.
The longer neck helps with seating longer/heavier projectiles better than, the shorter necked 300 Win Mag.
About: .308 Norma Mag
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: Sweden
- Designer: Nils Kvale, Norma
- Designed: 1960
- Manufacturer : Norma
- Produced: 1960–present
- Parent case: .300 H&H Magnum
- Case type: Rimless, Belted
- Bullet diameter: .308 in (7.8 mm)
- Neck diameter: .340 in (8.6 mm)
- Shoulder diameter: .489 in (12.4 mm)
- Base diameter: .513 in (13.0 mm)
- Rim diameter : .531 in (13.5 mm)
- Rim thickness: .050 in (1.3 mm)
- Case length: 2.56 in (65 mm)
- Overall length: 3.30 in (84 mm)
- Primer type: Large rifle magnum
- Maximum pressure: 55,100 psi (380 MPa)
|180 gr (12 g) Oryx||2,953 ft/s (900 m/s)||3,486 ft⋅lbf (4,726 J)|
|180 gr (12 g) Swift A-Frame||2,953 ft/s (900 m/s)||3,486 ft⋅lbf (4,726 J)|