FIND .460 WBY MAG AMMO AT BEST PRICE
Latest products for .460 wby mag
.460 WBY MAG AMMO
In Stock .460 WBY MAG Ammo for Sale - Various Retailers Available
.460 Weatherby Magnum is a belted, bottlenecked rifle cartridge, developed by Roy Weatherby in 1957. The round based on the .378 Weatherby Magnum necked up to accept the .458-inch (11.6 mm) bullet.
The original .378 Weatherby Magnum parent case was inspired by the .416 Rigby. The .460 Weatherby Magnum was designed as an African dangerous game rifle cartridge for the hunting of massive, thick-skinned hazardous game.
The .460 Weatherby Magnum was the world's most powerful commercially available sporting cartridge for 29 years until the advent of the .700 Nitro Express. However handloaders can push the cartridge to generate as much as 15,000 foot-pounds (20,000 J) of energy in a modern bolt action, However, doing so necessitates a rifle so heavy it is almost inoperable for hunting purposes.
Bulk Cheap Ammo priority is Customer Satisfaction, and we offer you the lowest price deals on bulk ammo.
Become a member today and get the top best offer on .460 WBY MAG Ammo.
.460 Weatherby Magnum
- Type Rifle
- Place of origin United States
- Designer Roy Weatherby
- Designed 1957
- Manufacturer Weatherby Inc.
- Produced 1959–present
- Parent case .378 Weatherby Magnum
- Case type belted, bottlenecked
- Bullet diameter .458 in (11.6 mm)
- Neck diameter .481 in (12.2 mm)
- Shoulder diameter .560 in (14.2 mm)
- Base diameter .582 in (14.8 mm)
- Rim diameter .579 in (14.7 mm)
- Rim thickness .063 in (1.6 mm)
- Case length 2.913 in (74.0 mm)
- Overall length 3.65 in (93 mm)
- Case capacity 141.1 gr H2O (9.14 cm3)
- Rifling twist 1 in 16 in (410 mm)
- Primer type Large rifle magnum
- Maximum pressure 65,000 psi (450 MPa)
|500 gr (32 g) FMJ||2,600 ft/s 7,504||ft⋅lbf|
|500 gr (32 g) Round nose||2,600 ft/s 7,504||ft⋅lbf|
|450 gr (29 g) Truncated solid||2,660 ft/s 7,072||ft⋅lbf|