FIND .50 ALASKAN AMMO AT BEST PRICE
Latest products for .50 alaskan
- Brownells Inc Starline, Inc 50 Alaskan Brass for $104.99
- Lowest Ammo HSM 50AK Ammunition 50AK5N 450 Grain Swift A-Frame 20 Rounds for $75.59
- Outdoor Limited HSM 50AK Ammunition 50AK5N 450 Grain Swift A-Frame 20 Rounds - Free Shipping with Buyer's Club! for $83.99
50 Alaskan Ammo
50 Alaskan Ammo For Sale- Best Ammo Deals
Get the best deals on 50 Alaskan Ammo online at Bulk Cheap Ammo. A leading search engine for best ammo deals in one place for all ammo retailers.
Here at Bulk Cheap Ammo, more than various retailers listed with us. Our central vision is to help gun owners to find in stock ammo deals in one place from all ammo vendors.
Get all ammunition in one click from different retailers. Compare the price & choose that suit your needs. Our website gets updated every 2 minutes. With easy & advance search navigation, find the ammunition in one click by UPC, by Brands, Calibers, Grains, Number of Rounds, and more.
- Type Rifle, Large game
- Place of origin United States
- Production history
- Designer Harold Johnson
- Designed 1950s
- Parent case .348 Winchester
- Case type Rimmed
- Bullet diameter .510 in (13.0 mm)
- Neck diameter .536 in (13.6 mm)
- Base diameter .553 in (14.0 mm)
- Rim diameter .610 in (15.5 mm)
- Rim thickness .070 in (1.8 mm)
- Case length 2.10 in (53 mm)
|450 gr (29 g) BAR FP||1,718 ft/s (524 m/s) 2,950||ft⋅lbf (4,000 J)|
|500 gr (32 g) JFP||1,674 ft/s (510 m/s) 3,112||ft⋅lbf (4,219 J)|
|525 gr (34 g) LFN GC||1,694 ft/s (516 m/s) 3,346||ft⋅lbf (4,537 J)|
The .50 Alaskan is a wildcat cartridge developed by Harold Johnson and Harold Fuller of the Kenai Peninsula of Alaska in the 1950s. Johnson based the round on the .348 Winchester to create a rifle capable of handling the giant bears in Alaska.
Harold Johnson necked out the .348 Winchester case to accept a .510" diameter bullet, and Harold Fuller developed the barrel, marrying a .50 caliber barrel to an old Winchester Model 1886 rifle. The rifle designed for use on Alaska'sAlaska's great bears, Johnson cut 720-grain (47 g) boat-tail .50 BMG bullets in half, seating the 450-grain (29 g) rear half upside down in the fire formed .50-caliber case.