.505 gibbs FOR SALE AT BEST PRICE
.505 GIBBS AMMO
Find In-Stock .505 GIBBS Ammo For Sale From Top Vendors
The Bulk Cheap Ammo is your source for .505 GIBBS Ammo and other shooting needs. A leading online ammo
Now you do not need to spend hours to find cheap ammo by visiting different ammo retailers. Find all trusted ammo vendors listing in one place.
At Bulk Cheap Ammo, we have listed many trusted ammo retailers you are looking for. We are working on adding more retailers.
- .505 Gibbs
- Type Rifle
- Place of origin England
- Production history
- Designer George Gibbs
- Designed 1910
- Manufacturer Gibbs
- Produced 1911
- Parent case none
- Case type Rimless, Bottleneck
- Bullet diameter .505 in (12.8 mm)
- Neck diameter .535 in (13.6 mm)
- Shoulder diameter .600 in (15.2 mm)
- Base diameter .640 in (16.3 mm)
- Rim diameter .640 in (16.3 mm)
- Rim thickness .065 in (1.7 mm)
- Case length 3.150 in (80.0 mm)
- Overall length 3.850 in (97.8 mm)
- Case capacity 178 gr H2O (11.5 cm3)
- Rifling twist 1 in 16 (406 mm)
- Primer type .254/Kynoch#40/Large Rifle
- Maximum pressure 39,000 psi (270 MPa)
|540 gr (35 g) Norma Solid||2,300 ft/s (700 m/s)||6,345 ft⋅lbf (8,603 J)|
|600 gr (39 g) Woodleigh FMJ||2,100 ft/s (640 m/s)||5,877 ft⋅lbf (7,968 J)|
|600 gr (39 g) Woodleigh Soft Point||2,100 ft/s (640 m/s)||5,877 ft⋅lbf (7,968 J)|
With easy & advance search navigation, we help gun owners to find in-stock ammunition in one place. Compare the price & buy the products that suit your budget & requirements.
George Gibbs designed .505 Gibbs cartridge in 1911. Gibbs in their publications. It is a .50 caliber rimless bottlenecked cartridge intended for magazine-fed rifles.
The .505 Gibbs has a case capacity of 178 grains (11.5 g) of water. This cartridge was originally loaded with 90-grain (5.8 g) of cordite and 525-grain (34.0 g) bullet at 2,300 ft/s (700 m/s) for 6,166 ft⋅lbf (8,360 J) of kinetic energy. While the.505
Gibbs has a greater case capacity than most modern cartridges, it loaded to lower pressures.