7mm x 57 Rimmed
FIND 7MM X 57 RIMMED AMMO AT BEST PRICE
The 7×57mm also known as .275 Rig by in the United Kingdom. It was developed by Paul Mauser of the Mauser company in 1892 and adopted as a military cartridge by Spain in 1893.
The 7mm x 57 Rimmed Mauser designated as the 7mm Mauser or 7x57mm by the SAAMI and 7 x 57 by the C.I.P. is a first-generation smokeless powder rimless bottle necked rifle cartridge.
It was developed by Paul Mauser of the Mauser company in 1892 and adopted as a military cartridge by Spain in 1893. Although now obsolete as a military cartridge, it remains in widespread international use as a sporting round.
The Mauser Model 1892 rifle turned out to be a transitional design that was manufactured in limited numbers for the Spanish Army. It was quickly improved to the Mauser Model 1893, featuring a new internal box magazine where the cartridges were stored in a staggered column.
About: 7mm x 57 Rimmed
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: United States
- Designer: Winchester
- Designed: 2001
- Parent case: .300 Winchester Short Magnum
- Case type: rebated rim, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: 0.284 in (7.2 mm)
- Neck diameter: 0.321 in (8.2 mm)
- Shoulder diameter: 0.538 in (13.7 mm)
- Base diameter: 0.555 in (14.1 mm)
- Rim diameter: 0.535 in (13.6 mm)
- Case length: 2.100 in (53.3 mm)
- Rifling twist: 1 turn in 9.5"
- Primer type: large rifle magnum
|160 gr (10 g)||3,050 ft/s (930 m/s)||3,304 ft⋅lbf (4,480 J)|