FIND 8X57 JRS AMMO AT BEST PRICE
8X57 JRS Ammo
8X57 JRS Ammo For Sale- Top Ammo Vendors Available
The 8x57 JRS Mauser (designated as the 8mm Mauser or 8×57mm by the SAAMI and 8 × 57 IS by the C.I.P) is a rimless bottle necked rifle cartridge. The 8x57 JRS Mauser cartridge was adopted by the German Empire in 1903-1905 and was the German service cartridge in both World Wars.
The 8x57 JRS caliber was one of the first rounds to use a nitrocellulose-based propellant − the first one ever being the French 8mm Lebel cartridge.
The 8x57 JRS ammo round established itself as the German Armed Forces' standard service caliber. It was used in both world wars on famous guns such as the Mauser K98 bolt-action service rifles and the Mg34 and Mg42 general-purpose machine guns.
About: 8x57 JRS
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: German Empire
- In-service: 1905–present
- Designer: German Rifle Testing Commission
- Designed: 1903/1905
- Produced: 1888–present
- Variants: 8×57mm IRS (rimmed)
- Parent case: M/88
- Case type: Rimless, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: 8.22 mm (0.324 in)
- Neck diameter: 9.08 mm (0.357 in)
- Shoulder diameter: 10.95 mm (0.431 in)
- Base diameter: 11.94 mm (0.470 in)
- Rim diameter: 11.95 mm (0.470 in)
- Rim thickness: 1.30 mm (0.051 in)
- Case length: 57.00 mm (2.244 in)
- Overall length: 82.00 mm (3.228 in)
- Case capacity: 4.09 cm3 (63.1 gr H2O)
- Rifling twist: 240 mm (1 in 9.45 in)
- Primer type: Large rifle
- Maximum pressure (C.I.P.): 390.0 MPa (56,560 psi)
- Maximum pressure (SAAMI): 241.3 MPa (35,000 psi)
|11.7 g (181 gr) RWS DK||820 m/s (2,700 ft/s)||3,934 J (2,902 ft⋅lbf)|
|12.1 LP RWS HMK||820 m/s (2,700 ft/s)||4,068 J (3,000 ft⋅lbf)|
|12.7 g (196 gr) RWS TMR||800 m/s (2,600 ft/s)||4,064 J (2,997 ft⋅lbf)|
|12.8 g (198 gr) RWS ID Classic||800 m/s (2,600 ft/s)||4,096 J (3,021 ft⋅lbf)|
Find the best deals from various ammo vendors on .8X57 JRS Ammo at Bulk Cheap Ammo. Your one-stop ammo directory to find cheap ammo deals from top retailers in one place.
Now you don't need to visit different ammo retailers to find the best ammo deals. At Bulk Cheap Ammo, we have various ammo retailers listed with us.
The latest ammo deals are available on our website. Our website gets updated within every 2 minutes at an average time.
We offer easy to search navigation by Brands, Calibers, Grains, by UPC, Number of Rounds & other advanced search options.
Today, most ammunition manufacturers offer the 8x57 JRS in several loads; the average ball weight ranges between 180 and 200 grains.