.22 BB Ammo
Find .22 BB Ammo For Sale- Trusted Ammo Retailers Available
.22 BB Cap (Bulleted Breech Cap), also known as the 6mm Flobert, is a variety of .22 caliber rimfire ammunition. Invented by Louis-Nicolas Flobert in 1845. It was the first rimfire metallic cartridge.
The .22 BB Cap and .22 CB Cap are interchangeable and are relatively quiet, low-velocity cartridges, designed for indoor target shooting.
It has no separate propellant charge, relying on the impulse created by the primer alone to fire a round lead ball. This results in a low muzzle velocity of around 700 ft/s (210 m/s) or less.
More common is the .22 CB cap, which fires a slightly heavier conical bullet and is available in a variety of cartridge lengths.
About: .22 BB
- Type: target
- Place of origin: France
- Designer: Louis-Nicolas Flobert
- Designed: 1845
- Parent case: tapered percussion cap
- Bullet diameter: .222 in (5.6 mm)
- Neck diameter: .224 in (5.7 mm)
- Base diameter: .224 in (5.7 mm)
- Rim diameter: .270 in (6.9 mm)
- Rim thickness: .040 in (1.0 mm)
- Case length : .284 in (7.2 mm)
- Overall length: .343 in (8.7 mm)
- Primer type: Rimfire
|20 gr (1 g) rn||780 ft/s (240 m/s)||26 ft⋅lbf (35 J)|
|18 gr (1 g) rn||780 ft/s (240 m/s)||24 ft⋅lbf (33 J)|
|16 gr (1 g) rn||750 ft/s (230 m/s)||20 ft⋅lbf (27 J)|
.22 BB Ammo for sale from various ammo vendors. Browse from the list of in-stock ammunition for Rifle, Handgun, Shotgun, & Rimfire from various ammo retailers.