41 Short Rimfire Ammo
In Stock .41 Short Rimfire Ammo For Sale- Trusted Ammo Vendors
The .41 Short was the most popular caliber among the Derringer-carrying crowd of the late 19th century. Card sharks, outlaws, government agents, and special operatives pinned their hopes on the little — 41 round in the Remington ® double derringer.
The .41 Rimfire Cartridge was first introduced by the National Arms Company in 1863 and was also known as the .41 Short and the .41-100. In most designations like this, the second number refers to the black powder load, though in this case, it means "41 hundredths of an inch.
The .41 Short was created with the intention that it be used in a small, single-shot derringer, which likely is the reason for the very low ballistics.
Please browse our list of .41 Rimfire Cartridge Ammunition today! Visit your favorite ammo retailer, compare price & choose the product you are looking for.
About: .41 Short Rimfire
- Type: Derringer / Handgun
- Place of origin: United States
- Designer: National Arms Company
- Designed: 1863
- Variants: .41-100, 41 Short Derringer,.41 Rimfire,.41 Long
- Case type: Rimfire, straight
- Bullet diameter: .405 in (10.3 mm)
- Neck diameter: .406 in (10.3 mm)
- Base diameter: .406 in (10.3 mm)
- Rim diameter : .468 in (11.9 mm)
- Case length: .467 in (11.9 mm)
- Overall length: .913 in (23.2 mm)
- Primer type: Rimfire