5mm Rem Rimfire Mag Ammo
Find 5mm Rem Rimfire Mag Ammo For Sale- Top Brands Available
The 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum or 5mm RFM is a bottlenecked rimfire cartridge introduced by Remington Arms Company in 1969.
5mm Remington rimfire magnum ammo is an extremely fast and versatile rimfire round designed by firearm and ammo manufacturer Remington arms. The cartridge was created in 1969 for two bolt action rifles.
The round is known to be more accurate than the 22 Magnum and is very consistent for a rimfire round.
The 5 mm RRM offers higher velocity than the .22 WMR and more energy than both the .22 WMR and the later. 17 HMR. It provides improved performance on small-game and for varmint hunting, along with excellent accuracy.
5mm Remington Magnum ammunition comes in two types: the original "white box" with a 30 gr dimpled jacketed soft point at 2,300 fps, as well as a varmint "yellow box" round with a 30 gr, jacketed hollow point at 2,400 fps. Chronograph testing has shown that these rounds can run about 100 fps faster than claimed by Aguila.
About: 5mm Rem Rimfire Mag
- Type: Rimfire
- Place of origin: United States
- Designed: 1969
- Manufacturer: Remington
- Produced: 1971-1973, 2008-present
- Parent case: none
- Case type: Rimfire, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: .204 in (5.2mm)
- Neck diameter: .225 in (5.7mm)
- Shoulder diameter: .259 in (6.6mm)
- Base diameter: .259 in (6.6mm)
- Rim diameter: .325 in (8.3mm)
- Rim thickness: .050 in (1.3mm)
- Case length: 1.020 in (25.9mm)
- Overall length: 1.30 in (33mm)
- Primer type: Rimfire
- Maximum pressure: 33,000psi(230MPa)
|38 gr. (2.5 g) Lead||2,100 ft/s (640 m/s)||372 ft⋅lbf (504 J)|
|30 gr. (1.9 g) JHP||2,410 ft/s (730 m/s)||410 ft⋅lbf (560 J)|