35 REM Ammo
35 Rem Ammo For Sale - Top Ammo Vendors Lists Available
The .35 Remington [8.9x49mm] is the only remaining cartridge from Remington's lineup of medium-power rimless cartridges still in commercial production. Introduced in 1906, it was initially chambered for the Remington Model 8 semi-automatic rifle in 1908.
The .35 Remington ammo has been chambered in a variety of rifles by most firearms manufacturers and continues in popularity today in the Marlin Model 336 lever-action.
The .35 Remington had over the .30-30 through a series of advertising campaigns in the early 1900s. One of their advertisements even publicized the ability of the .35 Remington to penetrate a 5/16″ steel plate, which the .30-30 Winchester could not do.
About: .35 Rem
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: United States
- Designer: Remington
- Designed: 1906
- anufacturer: Remington
- Case type: Rimless, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: .358 in (9.1 mm)
- Neck diameter: .384 in (9.8 mm)
- Shoulder diameter: .405 in (10.3 mm)
- Base diameter: .458 in (11.6 mm)
- Rim diameter: .460 in (11.7 mm)
- Case length: 1.920 in (48.8 mm)
- Overall length: 2.525 in (64.1 mm)
- Primer type: Large rifle
|200 gr (13 g) Lead FN||2,084 ft/s (635 m/s) 1,929||ft⋅lbf (2,615 J)|
|180 gr (12 g) FN||2,122 ft/s (647 m/s) 1,800||ft⋅lbf (2,400 J)|
|200 gr (13 g) RN||2,071 ft/s (631 m/s) 1,905||ft⋅lbf (2,583 J)|
|200 gr (13 g) FTX 2,225||ft/s (678 m/s) 2,198||ft⋅lbf (2,980 J)|