FIND .338 WIN MAG AMMO AT BEST PRICE
338 Win Mag Ammo
In Stock 338 Win Mag Ammo Sale From Trusted Ammo Vendors
The .338 Winchester Magnum is a .338 in (8.6 mm) caliber, belted, rimless, bottlenecked cartridge introduced in 1958 by Winchester Repeating Arms. It is based on the blown-out, shortened .375 H&H Magnum. The .338 in (8.6 mm) is the caliber at which medium-bore cartridges are considered to begin.
The .338 Winchester Magnum ammo is based on the .375 H&H Magnum, which was shortened to 2.500 in (63.5 mm), blown out, and necked down to hold a .338 in (8.6 mm) bullet.
The .338 Winchester Magnum rifles are the first choice among professional brown bear guides in Alaska to back up clients where a powerful stopping caliber is required on charging bears. It is also the most popular medium-bore cartridge in North America and has the most widely available choice in rifles among medium bore rifles.
About: .338 Win Mag
- Type: Rifle
- Place of origin: USA
- Manufacturer: Winchester Repeating Arms
- Produced: 1958
- Parent case: .375 H&H Magnum
- Case type: Belted, bottleneck
- Bullet diameter: .338 in (8.6 mm)
- Neck diameter: .369 in (9.4 mm)
- Shoulder diameter: .491 in (12.5 mm)
- Base diameter: .513 in (13.0 mm)
- Rim diameter: 532 in (13.5 mm)
- Rim thickness: .050 in (1.3 mm)
- Case length: 2.500 in (63.5 mm)
- Overall length: 3.340 in (84.8 mm)
- Case capacity: 86 gr H2O (5.6 cm3)
- Rifling twist: 1-10"
- Primer type: Large rifle magnum
- Maximum pressure: 64,000 psi
|200 gr (13 g) SP||2,950 ft/s (900 m/s) 3,866||ft⋅lbf (5,242 J)|
|225 gr (15 g) SP||2,800 ft/s (850 m/s) 3,918||ft⋅lbf (5,312 J)|
|250 gr (16 g) SP||2,655 ft/s (809 m/s) 3,914||ft⋅lbf (5,307 J)|
|275 gr (18 g) SP||2,489 ft/s (759 m/s) 3,784||ft⋅lbf (5,130 J)|
Looking for the best deals on .338 Win Mag Ammo? No need to visit different ammo vendors. Find the best ammo retailers in one place at Bulk Cheap Ammo.
With natural & advance search navigation, our main aim is to save your time to find in stock cheap ammo deals from different ammo retailers.