44-40 Win Ammo
Find In Stock 44-40 Win Ammo From Top Retailers
At Bulk cheap ammo directory, we help gun owners to find in stock ammo in one place from top ammo retailers. With easy & advance search navigation, we save your time to find in stock cheap ammo deals.
.44-40 Winchester cartridge
- Type Rifle/Pistol
- Place of origin United States
- Production history
- Designer Winchester Repeating Arms Company
- Designed 1873
- Bullet diameter .427 in (10.8 mm)
- Neck diameter .443 in (11.3 mm)
- Shoulder diameter .458 in (11.6 mm)
- Base diameter .471 in (12.0 mm)
- Rim diameter .525 in (13.3 mm)
- Rim thickness .065 in (1.7 mm)
- Case length 1.305 in (33.1 mm)
- Overall length 1.592 in (40.4 mm)
- Case capacity 40 gr H2O (2.6 cm3)
- Primer type Large pistol
- Maximum pressure 22,000 psi (150 MPa)
|200 gr (13 g) lead||1,245 ft/s (379 m/s) 688||ft⋅lbf (933 J)|
|217 gr (14 g) lead||1,190 ft/s (360 m/s) 682||ft⋅lbf (925 J)|
|225 gr (15 g) lead||1,000 ft/s (300 m/s) 500||ft⋅lbf (680 J)|
|200 gr (13 g) lead||1,100 ft/s (340 m/s) 537||ft⋅lbf (728 J)|
We have some best rates available to be compared. Find all trusted ammo vendor's prices in one place just in one click.
The .44-40 Winchester, also known as .44 Winchester, .44 WCF(Winchester Center Fire), and .44 Largo (in Spanish-speaking countries) was introduced in 1873 by the Winchester Repeating Arms Company. It was the first metallic centerfire cartridge manufactured by Winchester and promoted as the standard chambering for the new Winchester Model 1873 rifle.
The .44-40 became the most popular cartridge in the United States and, to this day, has the reputation of killing more deer than any other save the .30-30 Winchester.