.450-400 nitro FOR SALE AT BEST PRICE
.450-400 NITRO AMMO
.450-400 NITRO Ammo For Sale - Various Ammo Vendors Available
Find out in stock deals for .450-400 NITRO ammo at Bulk Cheap Ammo. A Search engine or comparison shop for in-stock in-stock ammunition, guns, magazines, and reloading components from various ammo vendors.
The top brands we have such as Federal, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, PMC, and others.
- Type Rifle
- Place of origin United Kingdom
- Designer Kynoch, Jeffery, and others
- Designed 1899
- Manufacturer Various
- Produced 1899 to present
- Parent case .450/400 Black Powder Express
- Case type Rimmed, bottlenecked
- Bullet diameter .405 in (10.3 mm)
- Neck diameter .432 in (11.0 mm)
- Shoulder diameter .502 in (12.8 mm)
- Base diameter .544 in (13.8 mm)
- Rim diameter .614 in (15.6 mm)
- Rim thickness .042 in (1.1 mm)
- Case length 3.25 in (83 mm)
- Overall length 3.85 in (98 mm)
- Primer type Kynoch #40
|400 gr (26 g)||2,150 ft/s (660 m/s) 4,110||ft⋅lbf (5,570 J)|
Advanced search navigation available with Brands, Calibers, Grains, Number of Rounds, UPC & more options.
The .450-400 Nitro Express is a Nitro Express rifle cartridge that produced in two case lengths, 2⅜-inches, and 3¼-inches and intended for use in a single shot and double rifles. The latter is considered a classic Nitro Express cartridge.
The .450-400 Nitro Express loaded with a 400 gr. RN bullet with 42 or 43 grains of cordite and meant for use in newer rifles chambered for the .450/400 2⅜ inch case as this loading generates higher pressure than the Black Powder Express versions of the cartridge.