FIND .450 NITRO AMMO AT BEST PRICE
450 Nitro Ammo
In Stock 450 Nitro Ammo For Sale- Trusted Ammo Vendors
Bulk Cheap Ammo is an online ammo directory to find great deals on all ammunition in one place. We help gun owners to find in stock ammo in one area from top ammo retailers. With natural & advance search navigation, we save your time to find cheap ammo deals.
.450 Nitro Express
- Type Rifle cartridge
- Place of origin United Kingdom
- Production history
- Designer John Rigby & Company
- Designed 1898
- Produced 1898–present
- Parent case .450 Black Powder Express
- Case type Rimmed, straight
- Bullet diameter .458 in (11.6 mm)
- Neck diameter .481 in (12.2 mm)
- Base diameter .545 in (13.8 mm)
- Rim diameter .624 in (15.8 mm)
- Rim thickness .042 in (1.1 mm)
- Case length 3.25 in (83 mm)
- Overall length 3.95 in (100 mm)
- Case capacity 130.0 gr H2O (8.42 cm3)
- Rifling twist 1-15 in (381 mm)
- Primer type Boxer
- Maximum pressure 44,237 psi (305.00 MPa)
|465 gr (30 g) Lead||2,150 ft/s (660 m/s) 4,770||ft⋅lbf (6,470 J)|
|80 gr (31 g) Lead||2,150 ft/s (660 m/s) 4,930||ft⋅lbf (6,680 J)|
|500 gr (32 g) 2,150||ft/s (660 m/s) 5,133||ft⋅lbf (6,959 J)|
Find ammo from top brands ammo manufacturers such as Federal, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, PMC, and others.
The 450 Nitro Express also known as the 450 Nitro Express 3¼-inch is a rifle cartridge designed for hunting dangerous game such as elephant, rhino, cape buffalo, lion, and leopard. This cartridge is used almost exclusively in double rifles for hunting in (15.8 mm) rim. The Tropics or hot climates in general and is associated with the Golden Age of African safaris and Indian shikars.
The 450 Nitro Express was the first Nitro Express cartridge, developed around 1898 by John Rigby. This cartridge based on the then-popular 450 Black Powder Express case with 70 grains (5 g) of Cordite And a 480-grain (31 g) jacketed bullet.