.45 SCHOFIELD AMMO
In Stock .45 Schofield Ammo For Sale From Top Ammo Vendors
The .45 Schofield or .45 Smith & Wesson is a revolver cartridge developed by Smith & Wesson for their S&W Model 3 Schofield top-break revolver.
45 Schofield ammo is shorter than the famed 45 Colt and less powerful. The 45 Schofield can be fired from 45 Colt revolvers, but due to the 45 Colt’s length, it cannot be fired in Schofield revolvers.
About .45 Schofield
- Type : Revolver
- Place of origin : United States
- Used by: US ArmyDesigner Smith & Wesson
- Designed: 1875
- Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson
- Case type: Rimmed, straight
- Bullet diameter: .454 in (11.5 mm)
- Neck diameter: .477 in (12.1 mm)
- Base diameter: .477 in (12.1 mm)
- Rim diameter: .522 in (13.3 mm)
- Rim thickness: .060 in (1.5 mm)
- Case length: 1.100 in (27.9 mm)
- Overall length: 1.430 in (36.3 mm)
- Rifling twist: 1 in 24"
- Primer type: Large pistol
|200 gr (13 g) Lead SWC||859 ft/s (262 m/s)||328 ft⋅lbf (445 J)|
|230 gr (15 g) Lead (factory load)||730 ft/s (220 m/s)||276 ft⋅lbf (374 J)|
|250 gr (16 g) Lead||710 ft/s (220 m/s)||283 ft⋅lbf (384 J)|
We have listed the 45 Schofield ammo from top brands ammo manufacturers such as Federal, Remington, Winchester, Hornady, PMC, and others.
With our advanced search option, you can easily find what you are looking for from the different vendors at competitive pricing.