FIND 6.8MM REM SPC AMMO AT BEST PRICE
Latest products for 6.8mm rem spc
- Creedmoor Sports Inc Starline 6.8 SPC Brass Cases for $46.95
- Natchez Shooters Supplies Barnes M/LE TAC-X Rifle Bullets 6.8mm .277" 85 gr FB 50/ct for $32.99
6.8mm Rem SPC Ammo
In Stock 6.8mm Rem SPC Ammo For Sale From Different Ammo Vendors
The 6.8mm SPC cartridge was designed to address the deficiencies of the terminal performance of the 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge currently in service with the Armed Forces of all NATO-aligned countries.
The 6.8 mm generates around 2,385 J (1,759 ft⋅lbf) of muzzle energy with a 7.5-gram (115 gr) bullets.
In comparison, the 5.56×45mm round (which the 6.8 is designed to replace) generates around 1,796 J (1,325 ft⋅lb) with a 4.0 g (62 gr) bullet, giving the 6.8 mm a terminal ballistic advantage over the 5.56 mm of 588 J (434 ft-lb).
One of the enigmatic features of this cartridge is it's being designed for a short barrel carbine length rifle than the standard rifle-length is (usually 41 cm (16 in).
The round only gains about 7.6-10.7 m/s (25-35 ft/s) for every 25 mm of barrel length past the standard 410-millimeter (16 in) barrel (all else being equal) up to barrel's length around 560-610 mm (22-24 in) with no gain/loss inaccuracy.
It also does very well in rifles with less than 410 mm (16 in) barrels. In recent developments (the period 2008-2012) the performance of the 6.8 SPC has been increased by approximately 61 to 91 m/s (200 to 300 ft/s) by the work of one ammunition manufacturer Silver State Armory LLC (SSA) and a few custom rifle builders using/designing the correct chamber and barrel specifications.
About: 6.8mm Rem SPC
- Place of origin: United States
- Designer: Remington Arms, USSOCOM
- Designed: 2002–2004
- Parent case: .30 Remington
- Case type: Rimless, bottlenecked
- Bullet diameter: 0.277 in (7.0 mm)
- Neck diameter: 0.298 in (7.6 mm)
- Shoulder diameter: 0.402 in (10.2 mm)
- Base diameter: 0.421 in (10.7 mm)
- Rim diameter: 0.422 in (10.7 mm)
- Rim thickness: 0.049 in (1.2 mm)
- Case length: 1.667 in (42.3 mm)
- Overall length: 2.260 in (57.4 mm)
- Case capacity: 34.8–36.9 gr H2O (2.26–2.39 cm3)
- Maximum pressure (C.I.P): 58,700 psi (405 MPa)
- Maximum pressure (SAAMI): 55,000 psi (380 MPa)
|7.1 g (110 gr) Sierra Pro Hunter||2,500 ft/s (760 m/s)||1,525 ft⋅lbf (2,068 J)|
|5.5g(85gr) Barnes TSX with "tactical" factory SSA load||3,070ft/s(940m/s)||1,780ft⋅lbf(2,410J)|
Get the best deals on 6.8mm Rem SPC Ammo from top ammo vendors at Bulk Cheap Ammo. A search engine to find in-stock ammunition, guns, magazines, and reloading components at competitive prices.
We have listed various ammo vendors to help gun owners to find in stock ammo deals in one place.
We have some best rates available to be compared. Find all trusted ammo vendors' prices in one place just in one click.
Here at Bulk Cheap Ammo, we don't sell ammo. We only show you the in-stock ammo deals from various ammo vendors in one place. With natural & advanced search options, we save your time to find the best ammo deals.