In Stock .480 Ruger Ammo For Sale- Top Ammo Vendors Available
The .480 Ruger is a large, high-power revolver cartridge, introduced in 2003 by Sturm, Ruger, and Hornady. This was the first new cartridge introduced by Ruger and was at the time of introduction the largest-diameter production revolver cartridge.
The .480 is a well-balanced cartridge, providing a lot of energy without the recoil of larger hard-kicking rounds. Overall, the .480 Ruger provides hunters with a fine balance of bullet weight, velocity, and operating pressure.
The .480 Ruger is often viewed by some as a ".475 Special"; in other words, as a slightly downgraded version of the super-magnum cartridge. In fact, .480 Ruger rounds will fit and function in a .475 Linebaugh revolver, just as a .44 Special will fit and function in revolvers chambered for the .44 Magnum.
About .480 Ruger
- Type: Handgun
- Place of origin: USA
- Production: History
- Designer: Hornady / Sturm, Ruger
- Designed: 2003
- Parent case: .475 Linebaugh
- Bullet diameter: .476 in (12.1 mm)
- Neck diameter: .504 in (12.8 mm)
- Base diameter: .504 in (12.8 mm)
- Rim diameter: .540 in (13.7 mm)
- Rim thickness: .065 in (1.7 mm)
- Case length: 1.285 in (32.6 mm)
- Overall length: 1.650 in (41.9 mm)
- Primer type: Large pistol
- Maximum pressure: 48,000 psi (330 MPa)
|325gr(21g) XTP Hornady||1,350 ft/s (410 m/s)||1,315 ft⋅lbf (1,783 J)|
Whether you are buying 480 Ruger Ammo ammunition for target shooting or personal protection, we have it all from the top ammo vendors you trust.
In stock .480 Ruger Ammo for sale from various ammo retailers.